Heavyweight boxing champion, Anthony Joshua has stated that he must fight Tyson Fury no matter what happens in his next fight.
A court arbitration in the US ruled that Fury must fight Deontay Wilder causing the collapse of the fight between Fury and Joshua.
Fury and Wilder will now clash on July 24 in Las Vegas in a third WBC heavyweight title fight while Joshua will defend his IBF, WBA and WBO gold against mandatory challenger Oleksandr Usyk in late September at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London.
According to Joshua who is the WBO, IBO and IBF champion, Tyson’s team is to blame for their proposed fight breaking down but insists the world title clash ‘has to happen’ in the future because it is “bigger than boxing, bigger than the belts”.
Joshua told Sky Sports News “Unfortunately his (Fury) team let the whole boxing world down.”
He said about fighting Fury in the future: “I will still be here, still ready to put on a show.
“End of the year. Let me get past Usyk first. But with or without Usyk in my life, I will fight Fury.
“Usyk isn’t the be-all and end-all.
“Usyk doesn’t determine the Fury fight. The Fury fight has to happen. It’s a big fight, bigger than boxing, bigger than the belts.
“It will happen. After the Usyk fight, after I defend my belts.
“The fight will be bigger, better than what it would have been.”
Last week, Fury exclusively told Sky Sports about Joshua’s team: “I’ve got to get past Wilder then those guys will get their five minutes of fame. I’ll give them the biggest beatdown they have had in their lives.
“I’ll deal with these guys later – the most important thing to me is Wilder, the most dangerous heavyweight in the world who would knock out Joshua in the first round.
“As I’ve told [Joshua’s promoter] Eddie Hearn, the difference between me and them is they are businessmen and I’m a Spartan.”
Joshua responding to Fury’s claims said: “I am 100 per cent sure that I will fight him and win. You’ve got to ask him the same question.
“I’m not too sure [what he would say].
“We did everything. During a global pandemic, the toughest time to organise a fight like that, we managed to have 20,000 fans available, a site fee, the media ready, my name was on the contract, I was in training.
“Then boom, they cancelled.
“I stay ready to fight them all because I’m a throwback fighter.”
1,512 total views, 3 views today
2023: We’ll Reproduce Burnt PVCs, Attacks Can’t Stop Elections, INEC Assures
A former Akwa Ibom State Resident Electoral Commissioner (REC) for the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Mike Igini says attacks on the offices of the electoral umpire are attacks on democracy but non-state actors can’t stop the conduct of the 2023 general elections.
He also said the electoral commission will reproduce all Permanent Voters Cards (PVCs) burnt by hoodlums during attacks on its offices.
“I am very concerned about the attacks on INEC offices across the country particularly in the areas that have been identified,” Igini said on Channnels Television’s Sunrise Daily.
Attacks on INEC offices have surged in recent times with at least three incidents recorded only in November. 65,699 uncollected PVCs were destroyed by hoodlums who attacked two of its offices in Ogun and Osun states while several PVCs and other electoral items were also burnt during an attack in Ebonyi State.
However, Igini said INEC has the information of all PVCs at state and national offices and it won’t take it days to reproduce them.
“INEC has the capacity to respond to these challenges, particular in respect to the PVCs that have been burnt. INEC has the number of all the PVCs…It is a matter of days, INEC will produce those PVCs,” he said.
He urged Nigerians not to be discouraged but to ensure they get their PVCs and exercise their franchise in the next general election.
The former REC also decried the inability of security agencies to bring perpetrators of violent attacks on INEC offices to book.
“Why should extra-constitutional actors, why should non-legitimise actors continue to attack INEC. It is an attack on democracy. My pain is that we have not been able to track anybody.
“It is a big challenge to all security agencies in this country that for these years, we have been unable to track those who attack our democracy.
“Look at what happened in the US, all those who attacked the Capitol Hill have been brought to book everyday but here we are in a state of anomie,” Igini stated.
61 total views, 61 views today
‘APC Made Nigeria, The Poverty Capital Of The World’, Charly Boy Fumes
Nigerian entertainer, Charles Oputa, popularly known as Charly Boy or Area Fada, has accused the All Progressives Congress, APC, of paying people to attend the party’s campaign rallies.
The popular activist shared a video which captured a man in a vehicle giving out N1,000 each to those on board who were wearing APC caps and T-shirts on his Twitter handle.
He also accused the ruling party of crippling the nation’s economy, saying APC made Nigeria the “Poverty Capital of the World”.
He wrote, “APC paying money to rent crowd for their rallies. What a shame. They first made the country the Poverty Capital of the World, and now they’re shamelessly renting crowds for their rallies openly.
“Anyways, collect your money but wake up
You should use your power to serve the people, not Oppress them!! Free Aminu!!!”
76 total views, 76 views today
Femi Kuti Frowns At Tinubu, APC Over Unauthorised Use Of Fela Song For Campaign
The family of Fela Anikulapo-Kuti frowned at the All Progressives Congress (APC) and its presidential candidate Bola Tinubu for the use of the late artiste’s song for the 2023 election campaign.
Femi Kuti in a “disclaimer and notice of use without consent” for the Fela Anikulapo-Kuti family said the use of Fela’s popular song “Eko Ile” during one of its campaign activities for their 2023 presidential campaign was unauthorised.
The Kuti family said it wished to continue to be politically neutral.
“We the administrators of the estate of Fela Anikulapo-Kuti issue this disclaimer. We wish to state here for clarity, that the permission of the estate was not sought for the use of Fela’s music, Eko Ile, in the All Progressives Congress social media campaign currently making the rounds,” Fela Anikulapo-Kuti family said.
“We do not involve Fela’s music in any political campaign at home or abroad and choose to remain neutral.
“While we wish all candidates the best, we demand that the laws of the Federal Republic of Nigeria are abided by and intellectual property rights are duly respected. Signed the estate of Fela Anikulapo-Kuti.”
Tinubu and the members of the APC presidential campaign council held a rally last Saturday at Teslim Balogun Stadium, Surulere, Lagos State.
Fela’s popular song “Eko Ile” was used in a video recap of the rally by Tinubu on Twitter.
83 total views, 83 views today
- Juventus Board Resign Over Alleged Accounting Irregularities
- 2023: We’ll Reproduce Burnt PVCs, Attacks Can’t Stop Elections, INEC Assures
- ‘APC Made Nigeria, The Poverty Capital Of The World’, Charly Boy Fumes
- Femi Kuti Frowns At Tinubu, APC Over Unauthorised Use Of Fela Song For Campaign
- 2023: I’ve No Plans To Relocate FCT To Lagos, Sell NNPC To Friends, Tinubu Tells Atiku, Peter Obi
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
Entertainment1 year ago
BBNaija: Nigerians Drag Angel For Showing Off Her Private Part To Housemates (Watch Video)
Headline1 year ago
Female Italian Fan Go Topless, Gives Free Show After Euro 2020 Win (Watch Video)
Entertainment1 year ago
BBNaija: “Shameful For A Married Woman” – Boma, Tega Doing ‘Stuff’ Under Duvet Sparks Outrage (See Video)
Headline9 months ago
BREAKING: Lagos CP Orders Security Beef Up Following MC Oluomo’s Suspension
Entertainment10 months ago
Singer, Oxlade In Big Mess After His Sex Tape With A Strange Lady Surfaces Online (Watch Video)
Headline7 months ago
Just In: 2023: We Won’t Support Tinubu’s Ambition -Ambode Campaign Organisation
Entertainment2 years ago
BBNaija: Kiddwaya Sucks Erica’s Boobs, Licks Dorathy’s Neck In Truth Or Dare Game (Video)
World news4 years ago
Why I Quit Nun To Become A Porn Star After 8 Years At Convent – Yudi Pineda