The Rescue of the 23 remaining victims of the Kaduna-Abuja train attack on Wednesday, 5th October, 2022 after six months in terrorist’s captivity has been described as a non-kinetic operation, with the Defence headquarters’ stating that giving details of how they were rescued, would subject their families to a fresh trauma.
This is just as the DHQ said that though there was a lot of secrecy involved in the operation because of the high powered committee members involved, the terrorists involved will definitely be fished out and made to face the consequences of their criminal actions.
The Director, Defence Media Operations, Major General Musa Dan Madami and the Director of Defence Information, Major General Jimmy Akpor both made the disclosure on Thursday at a media briefing.
Asked to tell Nigerians how Nigerian security agents secured the release of the victims and what happened to the terrorists, Major General Dan Madami said, “The most important thing is that those people (victims) had been held captive for about six months and have been rescued. It was part of the non-kinetic operation of the military. Giving details may subject their families to fresh trauma. So for now, we will wait for the appropriate time for the details to come out.
On his part, Major General Akpor said, “Operations such as this, involves elements of national power. These elements could be social, could be developmental. These elements can be deployed to achieve national objectives. There was a lot of secrecy in the operation to achieve the objective. As to what happened to the terrorists, that will be made known later. But it is a given that anybody that committed such a criminal offence against the nation will definitely, will be fished out and made to face the consequences of that act”.
On other military operations across the country, Madami said troops in the North East Theatre of operation, neutralized 19 terrorists, arrested 42 suspected terrorist logistics suppliers, rescued 3 civilians while 6 suspected Boko Haram Terrorist/Islamic State of West Africa Province informant and collaborators including a foreigner were arrested at different locations.
Furthermore, Madami said troops of Guards Brigade have arrested 64 youths in black attires, armed with 9 locally made guns during a raid on Karshi hill and surrounding villages in Abuja Municipal Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory following intelligence on plans by hoodlums to disrupt the Independence Day Celebration on October 1, 2022.
In the battle against economic sabotage, he said troops discovered and destroyed a combined total of 74 illegal refining sites, 67 wooden boats, 6 speed boats, 456 storage tanks, 274 cooking ovens and 89 dugout pits. Troops recovered a total of over 3.76million litres of crude oil and 458,000 litres of Automotive Gas Oil, thereby denying oil thieves a total of over N2.1billion worth of stolen crude oil and products.
Madami said, “Troops of Operation Hadin Kai in the North East conducted ambushes, clearance operations, fighting patrols and cordon and search as well as other operations at different locations in Biu, Damboa, kaga, Kukawa and Gubio Local Government Area all in Borno State.
“During the operations troops arrested 29 Boko Haram Terrorist/Islamic State of West Africa Province logistic suppliers. Item recovered from the Boko Haram include; 50 big bags of dry fish, 2 big sacks of fried meat, 55 jerry cans of Premium Motor Spirit, 1 big bag of coal, 13 bags of breads, 1 bag of salt, 1 bag of beans, 5 cartons of detergent, 3 packs of batteries, 50 leathers of mosquito coil, 10 mobile phones, 4 vehicles, 1 bicycle and a total sum of N2,479,740.00 as well as other sundry items.
“Equally, troops arrested a suspected Boko Haram Terrorist/Islamic State of West Africa Province ammunition technician at Gorom village in Monguno Local Government Area of Born State, with 300 empty cases of ammo suspected to be used for fabricating 7.62mm specials while 6 suspected Boko Haram Terrorist/Islamic State of West Africa Province informant and collaborators including a foreigner were arrested at different locations.
“Troops also rescued 2 Chibok girls by name, Yana Pogu and Rejoice Senki on serial 19 and 70 of the abducted Chibok girls lists with their children at Bula Davo village in Bama Local Government Area and Kawur village in Konduga Local Government Area of Borno State with 12 others abductees.
“Consequently, troops within the period recovered 6 AK47 rifles, 14 AK47 magazines, 1 HK gun, 1 G3 rifle, 112 rounds of 7.62mm special, 285 rustled cattle and 8 gallons of Premium Motor Spirit. Troops also neutralized 19 terrorists, arrested 42 suspected terrorist logistics suppliers, rescued 3 civilians while a total of 418 suspected Boko Haram Terrorists/Islamic State of West Africa Province terrorists, who claimed to have lost interest in the ideology of Boko Haram Terrorists surrendered to own troops at different locations with their families comprised of 44 adult’s males, 135 adult females and 239 children.
“Furthermore, between 23 and 28 September 2022, the air component of Operation Hadin Kai carried out air interdiction operation at identified terrorist’s enclaves at Kolaram and Bukar Meram both in the Southern Lake Chad region of Borno State. The air strikes resulted in the neutralization of several terrorists with several of their structures destroyed”.
“Troops of the Joint Task Force Operation Delta Safe in the conduct of Operation Octopus Grip conducted operational activities at creeks, waterways, communities, villages, town and cities within Delta, Bayelsa, Cross Rivers and Rivers State respectively.
“During the operations troops discovered and destroyed 60 illegal refining sites, 58 wooden boats, 6 speed boats, 384 storage tanks, 223 cooking ovens and 60 dugout pits. Troops also recovered 20 pumping machines, 3 motorcycle, 1 tricycle, 18 vehicles and arrested 34 pipeline vandals while a total of 3.76million litres of crude oil, 458,000 litres of Automotive Gas Oil, One Thousand (1,000) litres of Premium Motor Spirit and 13,000 litres of Dual Purpose Kerosene were also recovered.
“In a related development, troops of Operation Dakatar Da Barawo discovered and destroyed a total of 14 illegal refineries, 72 metal storage tanks, 9 wooden boats, 29 dugout pits, 51 ovens and 25 reservoirs. Cumulatively, within the period oil thieves were denied a total of Two Billion One Hundred and Forty-Six Million Seven Hundred Ninety-Five Thousand Four Hundred Seventy-Two Naira Forty-Two Kobo (N2,146,795,472.42) in the South-South Region.
“Also, the air component of Operation Delta Safe conducted air interdiction operations at location observed to be carrying out illegal refining activities at Ahoada in Rivers State. The airstrike destroyed the illegal refining site with several criminals fleeing during the engagement. A similar air interdiction operation was carried out on a location observed to be an active illegal refining site with the boathouse accommodation and facilities destroyed while few criminals fled in disarray.
“Equally, troops conducted a snap road block and arrested a suspected criminal logistics supplier at Amana in Obanliku Local Government Area of Cross Rivers State. Items recovered from the suspect include 20 pairs of black boots, 20 pairs of special force uniforms, 2 mobile phones and the sum of N15,200 only.”
1,339 total views, 3 views today
Buhari Promises Legacy Of Credible Elections In Nigeria And West Africa
President Muhammadu Buhari has promised to leave a legacy of free and fair elections in Nigeria and the West African sub-region at large.
The Nigerian leader will finish his second term next year and has reiterated his desire to conduct a hitch-free election, adding that the country is committed to a stable West Africa.
He said this on Monday at the 2022 second ordinary session of the ECOWAS parliament in Abuja, according to a statement from presidential aide Femi Adesina.
“We are convinced that the sustenance of democracy and the rule of law should remain the norm in this promising region,” he said.
“There will be multiple political activities in some ECOWAS member states, including Nigeria, where general elections are due to be held in February and March 2023. Let me seize this opportunity to reiterate my commitment to free, fair, and transparent elections and smooth transitions. This is one legacy that I want my administration to bequeath, not only to Nigeria but to the region as a whole.”
Buhari said threats to peace and security, political instability, and the adverse impact of the COVID-19 pandemic and the Russia-Ukraine war are the biggest challenges facing West Africa.
‘‘It is on record that the region has not rested on its oars as we have always striven to evolve effective regional mechanisms to address these challenges.
‘‘For example, at the height of the pandemic, Heads of State of ECOWAS appointed me as the ECOWAS champion on COVID-19,” he said.
‘‘Working with three Ministerial Committees comprising Member States’ Ministers of Health, Finance, and Transportation, we developed an effective response by mitigating the effect of COVID-19 on our citizens. Our efforts yielded positive results as the ECOWAS region became one of the sub-regions least affected by the pandemic, in terms of mortality rate.”
1,126 total views, 771 views today
‘Beware Of Thieves In UK, US,’ FG Advises Nigerians
The Federal Government has advised Nigerians in the United States, the United Kingdom and European countries to beware of thieves dispossessing travellers of their belongings.
Minister of Information and Culture, Lai Mohammad gave the advice on Monday at the 5th Edition of the President Muhammadu Buhari Administration Scorecard.
“It has come to the attention of the government that Nigerian travellers to the United States and some countries in Europe are having their belongings, especially money and international passports, stolen at an increasingly high rate,” he said.
“The most recent victims of this are travelers to the UK, most of whom were dispossessed of their belongings at high-brow shops, particularly in the high street of Oxford.
“We have therefore decided to advise Nigerians travelling to Europe and the United States to take extra precautions to avoid being dispossessed of their belongings,” the minister added.
The US and the UK had in October warned of possible terror attacks in Abuja, especially at government buildings, places of worship, schools and other centres where large crowds gather. Both countries also commenced the evacuation of their citizens from the Nigerian political capital.
However, Mohammed dismissed the terror alerts, saying the government won’t be stampeded and that Nigeria is safer than in May 2015 when Buhari came into office.
1,216 total views, 503 views today
Ekiti Assembly: Our SANs Reacted In The Heat Of Passion -APC
Ekiti All Progressives Congress (APC) has reacted to the submission of seven senior lawyers from the state over the crisi in the House of Assembly.
Bellow is the reaction, signed by Segun Dipe, Publicity Secretary:
“We are forced to comment once again on the reaction of our seven legal legends in Ekiti, sequel to the brouhaha that ensued in the Ekiti State House of Assembly Ekiti recently.
We are aware that some crisis merchants are trying to capitalise on the situation on ground to read unintended meanings to the intervention of the 7 SANs of Ekiti origin as well as the reaction of our great party.
We therefore express our unmitigated respect for these men in silk, who represent our best brains in the legal profession and state clearly that their intention, to the best of our understanding, does not tamper with that of our party, which is to ensure that only the best is good for our state.
May we reiterate that as the ruling party, holding sway in both the executive and legislative arms of government in the state, we are in _loco parentis_ to all political office holders, both the elected and appointed under the auspices of our party. Since we stand to benefit more from a peaceful reign in the land than anyone else and we equally stand the risk of being negatively affected by any crisis more than anyone else, we cannot afford to play a _siddon look_ game.
We are therefore convinced that every intervention in the seeming commotion would be for a peaceful reign in the state, which, as we said earlier, will be of great benefit to our party and not the other way round. All our intentions are geared towards giving the best to the state.
Our party cannot afford to hold any grudge with anyone, especially the best of our legal minds at this point. Like every well meaning Ekiti son and daughter, they have come with their best of intentions to ensure that the peace that had characterised the affairs of the state from the time of Dr. John Kayode Fayemi is not tampered with in any form.
We believe strongly that our illustrious SANs waded into the crisis in the heat of passion, without malice, and that their initial views might have been tampered with, unlike now that they are better informed and have a better understanding of what actually transpired in the House.
With the transition that took place recently, which our party could not have been aloof from, all we wished for was stability in the land and not the reverse. Ekiti will only be better for it if there is a stable and progressive government in place that can continue from where the last administration of Dr. John Kayode Fayemi stopped, and not otherwise.
Even when the opposition party was in the majority in the Assembly both under Rt Hon Tunji Odeyemi in his first term and Rt Hon Alagbada in his second term, there was no interference of any sort from the executive arm, yet no conflict. The two gentlemen are still alive for any doubting Thomas to approach.
We will like those reading our party’s intervention in ensuring that sanity prevailed in the House after the passing of Rt. Hon. Funminiyi Afuye wrongly as that of Dr. Fayemi, the immediate past governor, to desist from doing so. We, as a party, take absolute responsibility for our actions.
The crisis merchants and forum shoppers running to our legal legends for adjudication in purely House Matters resolvable by only the members using their House rules, should tell the whole world what they stand to gain by heaping the blame on the ex-Governor, who is now engaged with the national assignment of our great party.
If Fayemi did not interfere in the house matters while on seat, why now that he has moved on? While exonerating the ex-Gov from the situation and passing a vote of confidence on him, we wish to take full responsibility for our action as a party in what is happening among our members in the House of Assembly. As their political parent, we are concerned and are pro-active in ensuring that only the best, which is good for the people of Ekiti, happens in the House, just like we have ensured that a very reliable, responsible and competent person in Biodun Abayomi Oyebanji, BAO, took the mantle of executive leadership after Dr. Fayemi who regained the lost values for our state.
Ekiti deserves the best always. For as long as our party continues to produce those in power, courtesy of all well-meaning electorates, we will continue to do everything within our reach to give the state the best materials at all times. We will not impose, yet we will not allow anyone to hijack power in the name of political manipulation.
This is our stand.
All Progressives Congress (APC),
1,179 total views, 499 views today
- Heskey Advises Liverpool To Sign Osimhen
- 2023: Why Nigerians Must Vote Wisely For Peter Obi, Singer, Mr P Opens Up
- World Cup: My Son Wept After Argentina’s Defeat To Saudi Arabia – Messi
- 2023: APC, Tinubu Dodging ‘Woeful’ Performance, Claiming FG’s Projects In Lagos, Atiku Campaign Blows Hot
- I’m Not Ready For December, Comedian Bovi Makes Public Appeal To God
JOIN US ON FACEBOOK
Entertainment1 year ago
BBNaija: Nigerians Drag Angel For Showing Off Her Private Part To Housemates (Watch Video)
Headline1 year ago
Female Italian Fan Go Topless, Gives Free Show After Euro 2020 Win (Watch Video)
Entertainment1 year ago
BBNaija: “Shameful For A Married Woman” – Boma, Tega Doing ‘Stuff’ Under Duvet Sparks Outrage (See Video)
Headline9 months ago
BREAKING: Lagos CP Orders Security Beef Up Following MC Oluomo’s Suspension
Entertainment10 months ago
Singer, Oxlade In Big Mess After His Sex Tape With A Strange Lady Surfaces Online (Watch Video)
Headline7 months ago
Just In: 2023: We Won’t Support Tinubu’s Ambition -Ambode Campaign Organisation
Entertainment2 years ago
BBNaija: Kiddwaya Sucks Erica’s Boobs, Licks Dorathy’s Neck In Truth Or Dare Game (Video)
World news4 years ago
Why I Quit Nun To Become A Porn Star After 8 Years At Convent – Yudi Pineda