Connect with us


Lagos Police Nab Suspected Cultist With Weapons, Charms



Officers of the Orile Division of the Lagos State Police Command have arrested a 27-year-old suspected cultist, Ahmed Ololade aka Small Mercy.

This was revealed in a post on the command’s official X handle on Sunday.

According to the post, Ololade was arrested in possession of one local pistol, live cartridges, and charms amongst others.

The caption read, “27-year-old suspected cultist, Ahmed Ololade aka Small Mercy, has been arrested by officers of Orile Division in possession of the following items: 1 locally made pistol, 2 single barrel shotguns, 6 live cartridges, 7 live 7.65mm ammunition, 1 live 9mm ammunition, two axes, and charms.”

It added that the investigation of the case was ongoing.


Continue Reading


Nabeeha: Police Arrest ‘Deadly Kidnapper’, Destroy Bandits Camp In Kaduna



Operatives of the Nigerian Police Force have arrested a deadly kidnapper, suspected to be involved in the abduction and murder of Nabeeha, daughter of a Bwari lawyer.

Nabeeha, her father, alongside her sisters were abducted in the Bwari Area Council of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), on January 9.

The kidnappers were demanding N700m ransom for nine of their victims. They had killed four of the hostages, including Nabeeha Al-Kadriyar, a 400-level student of Biological Science, at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria, and 13-year-old Folashade Ariyo. Nabeeha was abducted alongside six other siblings.

Announcing the arrest in a statement on Sunday, the police stated that 28-year-old Bello Mohammed was nabbed in a Kaduna hotel raid on January 20th with N2.25 million believed to be the proceeds of kidnapping.

Force Public Relations Officer, Muyiwa Adejobi, said under questioning, Mohammed confessed to being part of the gang that kidnapped Barrister Ariyo’s family members in Bwari on January 2nd.

Adejobi said the suspect offered a N1 million bribe to Idris Ibrahim, the divisional police officer of the Tafa division in Kaduna State.

“The operatives of the Nigeria Police Force, on 20th January 2024, have arrested one Bello Mohammed, 28, of Zamfara state, in Kaduna,” the statement said.

“The Divisional Police Officer, Tafa Division, acting on intelligence, raided one hotel in Tafa Area, Kaduna, where he arrested Bello, with the sum of #2.25m (Two Million, two hundred and fifty million naira) only, suspected to be proceeds of ransoms collected from kidnapped victims within the area.

“The suspect, during interrogation, confessed to being part of the gang that kidnapped the family members of one Barrister Ariyo in Bwari, FCT, on 2nd January 2024, and killed some kidnapped victims, including Nabeeha, f, daughter of the legal practitioner, on 13th January 2024, in a kidnappers camp, in Kaduna State.

“The suspect, in a dramatic situation, offered #1,000,000 (one million naira only) to induce the DPO, who rejected the offer and carried out his duty diligently.”

Mohammed also confessed to the involvement of five bandits already neutralised by police in Kaduna. Their deadly camp was also destroyed.

The suspect is being transferred to the IRT in Abuja for further investigations and to apprehend other accomplices. Mohammed is currently assisting the police in their inquiries.


Continue Reading


NDLEA Arrests Notorious Drug Kingpin In Abuja



The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) has arrested a notorious drug dealer, Ibrahim Bendel, also known as Ibrahim Momoh.

The suspect is reportedly known as a major distributor of illegal substances in Abuja.

The suspect is said to have been on the run since he escaped from prison custody in 2016 following his conviction for drug dealing.

On November 20, 2022, NDLEA operatives raided Momoh’s hideout at Filin Dabo, Dei-Dei area of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) based on credible intelligence. They discovered 81 jumbo bags of cannabis weighing 1,278kgs in a warehouse located within his poultry farm. Although Momoh was not present at the time, his warehouse manager, Richard Forson Gordon, a 55-year-old Ghanaian, was arrested, prosecuted, and sentenced to two years in jail. Momoh was subsequently declared a wanted fugitive.

The relentless pursuit of the drug lord finally paid off on November 5, 2023, when NDLEA operatives raided his hideout once again, this time at Filin Dabo, Dei-Dei area of Abuja. He was apprehended with 56.9kgs of cannabis sativa and 42.7 grams of Diazepam. In another operation on November 13, 2023, in the same area of the FCT, a suspect named Yusufa Ibrahim was arrested with 75.3kgs of cannabis.

The agency also on November 18th, 2023, carried out a significant operation in the forest of Efon Alaye in the Efon local government area of Ekiti state, resulting in the eradication of 52,500 kilograms of cannabis sativa that covered over 21 hectares of farmland. Additionally, 92 bags of the same substance weighing 1,380 kilograms were seized, and another 250 bags weighing 3,000 were destroyed after being found in various huts on the farm.

The Director of Media and Advocacy of the NDLEA, Mr. Femi Babafemi, reported that 15 suspects were apprehended during the operation. In Ondo state, five individuals, including a wanted drug kingpin named Christopher Onyebuchi, were arrested at New Bridge Compound, Idoani, on November 15th, and a total of 1,945 kilograms of cannabis was confiscated from them.

Onyebuchi had previously been arrested by the NDLEA on March 25th, 2022, with 89kgs of the same substance but absconded after being arraigned at the Federal High Court, Akure. In addition, operatives in the state raided Upemen village in Owo on November 12th, where they recovered 1,834kgs of the same substance, with 273kgs also seized the previous day, Saturday, November 11th, at Ipesi Akoko.


Continue Reading


I’m Innocent, She Only Died In Her Sleep, UNIPORT Student Denies Killing Girlfriend For Ritual



…Insists He Saw Her Dismembered Body In His House

A 24-year-old student of the University of Port Harcourt, UNIPORT, Damian Okoligwe, who allegedly killed his 20-year-old girlfriend, Justina Otuene, has denied having a hand in the deceased’s death.

Okoligwe denied the allegation during an interview with journalists at the Command Headquarters of the Rivers State Police Command, Moscow Road, Port Harcourt.

The suspect who said he was sick when the deceased visited his home, claimed he noticed his girlfriend was lifeless when he woke up.

He further claimed that he went to his brother’s house for treatment and returned three days later to dispose of her body.

The 400-level Petrochemical Engineering student denied harvesting any organ from Justina’s body, claiming that her remains were still intact.

Okoligwe said, “I was very sick that morning, and when I went to the room to check on her, she was still sleeping.

“I went back to the parlor, I laid down because I was very sick. I was calling her but she was not responding. I had to go back to check on her.

“I went to check on her, she was not moving at all. She was very stiff and strong. After that, I did not know what to do, I had to carry her body into another room, and then I called my brother to come to my place.

“He came, and then he took me out of the place. He did not know there was anybody in my house. He took me to his place. That was where I received my treatment.

“I was thinking if I report the issue, I will be blamed for everything. So, I was trying to wrap her body and get rid of it, which was very wrong of me to do.

“As I came back that Wednesday to come and wrap her body, that was the Wednesday the police came.

“I did not remove any of her body parts.”

He noted that their relationship was not stable.

The suspect added that the deceased took a Bolt ride to his house on her own, noting that she was supposed to leave the same night but he slept off.

On his part, John Otuene, the elder brother to the slain 20-year-old girl, said his family wants justice to prevail on the matter.

“On Wednesday, we got a call that a case of a dead person had been reported to the Ozuoba Police Station and that we should go to the Police Station.

“So, I reported to the IPO at Mini-Okoro Police station. We reported to the commander. The commander gave the IPO a go-ahead.

“All of us went to the Ozuoba Police Station and they met the officer there who confirmed that the missing person in the picture is the person that was killed.

“I need justice. The guy that did it should pay for it, and everybody that was involved, because definitely, he was not the only one that was involved. Justice is what we need,” he said.


Continue Reading

Recent Posts