Connect with us

News

Ekiti Seals Two Houses Allegedly Owned By Fayose

Published

on

Two new buildings allegedly owned by former Ekiti State Governor Ayo Fayose have been sealed by agents of the state government.

The state government through the Ministry of Housing, Urban and Physical Development, said the twin duplexes were sealed for lack of approved plan and permit.

The buildings, which are adjacent the official residence of the Deputy Governor, are located in the Government Reservation Area (GRA), Ado-Ekiti within the precincts of the Government House.

The contractor handling the project began work about four months ago after the buildings erected on the plot were pulled down to give way for the new edifices.

The official seal closing down the buildings was pasted on the gate and was seen by our reporter during a visit to the site on Friday.

The gate was under lock and key while the contractor was nowhere to be found when our reporter visited the site.

The seal shutting down the buildings was signed by the Director of Urban and Regional Planning in the Ministry of Housing, Urban and Physical Development.

The document reads: “It was discovered during inspection by the Inspectorate staff of our Ministry that a residential building by you at GRA has no approved plan /permit for the site or bring same to our office to get certification for the erection.

“You are hereby ordered to suspend the use of the building premises until approved plan is submitted for clearance.”

Fayose has been accused by the opposition in the state of using his former position as governor to acquire choice properties in many parts of Ado-Ekiti.

The ex-governor earlier in the week appeared before a Federal High Court in Lagos where he was charged by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) for alleged money laundering.

He was granted bail on Wednesday but he was yet to meet his bail condition at the time of filing this report.

In his response to the sealing of the buildings in Ado-Ekiti, Fayose accused Governor Kayode Fayemi of vendetta and desperation.

Speaking through his media aide, Idowu Adelusi, Fayose denied ownership of the buildings in question urging the state government to provide evidence to prove his ownership of the property.

He said: “Governor Fayemi was only acting out of desperation, and vengeance over the 2014 shameful electoral defeat.

“The property in question does not belong to Fayose. Fayemi’s government should produce evidence linking the former government to the property.

“Fayose has said he was ready for probe and that he will appear in person before any panel set up by Fayemi. So, why the desperation?

“Our advice is that, Fayemi should place high premium on payment of the workers’ salary arrears since N30bn is already in his custody released by the Federal Government and not embarking on witch hunting or disparaging his predecessor. The money should not be used to fund the election petition filed against him.

“He should hurry up to do all he could for the benefit of common Ekiti people because time is not on his side.”

 

Credit: The Nation

Loading

Continue Reading

Headline

BREAKING: INEC Publishes Report Of 2023 General Election

Published

on

The Independent National Electoral Commission, INEC, has released its report on the 2023 general election.


The commission said the publication of the report is in keeping with its tradition over the last four electoral cycles and commitment to transparency.

This was made known in a statement by Sam Olumekun, the National Commissioner and Chairman, Information and Voter Education Committee.


Olumekun said the Report showcases the election’s unparalleled diversity in party representation, demonstrating significant democratic progress.

According to him, the 2023 general election saw four political parties winning gubernatorial races, seven parties winning senatorial seats, eight in federal constituencies and nine in State legislatures, illustrating a broad shift in political representation across Nigeria.

He said the document has been made accessible on its website and social media platforms.


“On Thursday, 22nd February 2024, the Commission convened for its weekly meeting, where the 2023 General Election Report was reviewed and approved for publication.

It partly read: “In keeping with our tradition over the last four electoral cycles, and our commitment to transparency, we are pleased to announce the release of the official INEC report on the 2023 General Election.

“This comprehensive 526-page document, structured into 13 chapters and enhanced with 60 tables, 14 boxes and 10 graphs, offers an in-depth analysis of the election’s key processes, achievements, and challenges, alongside valuable lessons learned.


“The Report showcases the election’s unparalleled diversity in party representation, demonstrating significant democratic progress. This election saw four political parties winning gubernatorial races, seven parties winning senatorial seats, eight in federal constituencies and nine in State legislatures, illustrating a broad shift in political representation across Nigeria.

“The Report underscores the pivotal role of technological advancements, particularly the Bimodal Voter Accreditation System (BVAS), in enhancing electoral integrity and reducing fraud. Furthermore, it addresses public concerns about the INEC Result Viewing (IReV) portal, explaining the technical issues encountered during the upload of polling unit results for the presidential election.

Loading

Continue Reading

Headline

Yoruba Nation: Igboho Accuses Buhari Of Attempting To Assassinate Him

Published

on

Yoruba Nation agitator, Sunday Adeyemo popularly known as Igboho, on Friday, said he came back to Nigeria by the power of God.

Igboho made the remark while accusing former President Muhammadu Buhari of attempting to assassinate him.

He alleged that Buhari sent the Department of State Services, DSS, and soldiers to assassinate him in his house.

Addressing his followers in Oyo State, the freedom fighter claimed that his agitation against Fulani herders killing of farmers in the Southwest was behind the move to assassinate him.

According to Igboho: “Buhari sent his soldiers and DSS to arrest me in my house because I said Yorubas are not slaves to Fulanis, they can’t suppress us in our father’s land.

“Fulanis can’t stop our fathers and mothers from going to their farms. But, I’m back with the power of God and authority not that of man.”

The freedom fighter returned to Nigeria on Thursday, ahead of his mother’s burial in the Saki area of Oyo State.

Igboho has been out of Nigeria since 2021 when he eloped to Benin Republic after he was declared wanted by the DSS.

DSS had invaded his residence in the Soka area of Oyo State but he escaped.

The secret police had declared him wanted over his agitation for Yoruba Nation and attacks on Fulani herders accused of killing farmers in the Southwest.

In Benin Republic, Igboho was arrested and remanded while attempting to travel to Germany.

However, he recently regained his freedom after two years in a Beninoise prison.

Loading

Continue Reading

Headline

Alleged N30bn Disbursement: Nigerians Deserve To Know The Truth, Peter Obi Tells FG

Published

on

Peter Obi of the Labour Party, LP, has advised the Federal Government to give details on how they disturbed N30bn each to the 36 state governors to ameliorate inflation and high cost of food items.

Obi’s demand followed the claim by the Senate President, Godswill Akpabio, that an “unverified report” showed that state governors received N30 billion each from the federation account to alleviate the economic hardship and ravaging hunger in their respective domains.

However, Governor Seyi Makinde of Oyo State dismissed the report, saying there was no truth in the claim by Akpabio that states of the federation got an additional N30 billion each outside of their statutory revenue allocations.

Obi, in a statement on his X handle on Friday, said the details of the disbursement should be explained for the interest of good governance and transparency.

According to him, it would enable the masses, for whom the support is meant, to follow through and ensure that it is utilized appropriately to their benefit.


He further appealed to the state governments to ensure that the resources are genuinely and transparently invested in productive ventures to alleviate the present hardship.

“Recently, the Senate President, Senator Godswill Akpabio, announced that a staggering financial support of N1.1 trillion, amounting to a sum of N30 billion each was doled out to the state governors to help ameliorate the present hardship in the country.

“While the Federal Government is to be commended for offering such a huge support, considering the difficult times people are going through, it is pertinent, for the interest of good governance and transparency, that the details of the disbursement of such support be explained further, so that the public, the masses for whom the support is meant, can follow through and ensure that it is utilized appropriately to the benefit of the people.


“While waiting for such details, I appeal that concerted efforts should be made to ensure that the resources are genuinely and transparently invested in productive ventures to alleviate present hardship and help the future growth of the country,” he wrote

Loading

Continue Reading

Recent Posts




JOIN US ON FACEBOOK

Trending